HH Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi gave Her instructions for the formation of a Central Committee to a group of elder Sahaja Yogis on the stage before leaving after Guru Puja 2008 in Cabella. Her instructions are recorded on video for all to see.
Constitution of the Central Committee
- Sidsel Mugford – Norway
- Duilio Cartocci – Italy
- Gregoire de Kalbermatten – Switzerland
- Wolfgang Hackl – Austria
- Alex Henshaw – Hong Kong
- Andrew Kaluzny – Dubai
- Eduardo Marino – Brazil
- Rajesh Shah – India
- Philipp Zeiss – Germany
Vision of the Central Committee
- Advice, assistance or arbitration
The CC shall represent and uphold the following Charter of fundamental principles in Sahaja Yoga.
Sahaja yogis are worshipers of H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, sakshat the Adi Shakti. Our shraddha (faith) and bhakti (devotion) flow to Her Lotus Feet. Any diversion from this worship takes place outside the boundaries of wisdom. No institution or individual can act as a successor to Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi.
Sahaja Yoga reveals the evolutionary process of the Universal Pure Religion (Vishwa Nirmala Dharma) that manifests the Divine nature in each human being, and through which, each individual can become a master of his/her own life, expressing respect for their selfhood and other people.
Collective consciousness is strengthened through collective meditation and celebrations as it opens the new era (Satya Yuga) of the spiritual transformation of mankind to a higher level of Self‐knowledge.
The unity of the sangha can be achieved through the spiritual process of this inner becoming and collective consciousness. Should a conflict exist, the guidelines provided by the CC offer a framework for reference on conflict resolution.
Institutions or councils that adhere to the teachings of Shri Mataji and benefit from the support of the sangha can promote the vision and message of Shri Mataji while fortifying cohesion amongst Her disciples with a sense of fairness, justice and dharma.
It is expected that councils and grassroots initiatives are mutually supportive.
Shri Mataji’s teachings reveal subtle knowledge. Her teachings should not be amended, altered, edited or taken out of context nor should anyone misuse or distort such teachings when using them, in particular when spreading Sahaja Yoga.
Sahaja Yoga is the same in every country. It is a global movement and every country is part of the global spiritual body; no country shall isolate itself or be isolated. All Sahaja Yogis are bound by the love for our common spiritual Mother and for each other.
Every SY has complete freedom within the maryadas of Sahaj Dharma.
Financial contributions to Sahaja Yoga are voluntary as they derive from a personal desire to support Sahaja Yoga.Likewise participation in collective living and collective events are self-determined.
Information about international events shall always be available to all.
This Charter and its Annexes is the result of a joint effort over a period of many months. It is felt that – if indeed it captures a common understanding of our collective spiritual body, the present and future Central Committees should act and be appreciated along the lines of such a written Charter. Then the adoption of this document would validate a closest content to appropriate guidelines based on the teachings of Shri Mataji.
This Charter can be reviewed and evolved at any time in the light of experience and through a consultative process involving the national coordinators and others whose wisdom shall be beneficial.
The Members of the Central Committee of Sahaja Yoga humbly bow to Shri Mataji and pray for Her compassionate protection and guidance.
The following Code of Conduct applies to the members of the CC. At the same time, all Sahaja yogis/nis are invited to follow such Code of Conduct.
- We abide by Sahaja Yoga dharma and protocols, whose holiness and purity shall be respected, maintained and protected.
- We familiarize ourselves with the content of Shri Mataji’s teachings, aspire to be established in thoughtless awareness and develop vibratory discretion to strengthen our connection with the Paramchaitanya.
- We undertake to live according to principles of Sahaj dharma as contained in the teachings of Shri Mataji and would resign from positions in Sahaj institutions should our personal life not conform to the standards of such dharma;
- We devote ourelves to our spiritual growth using the knowledge and techniques taught by Shri Mataji and acknowledge that no other knowledge or techniques are to be introduced or propagated because Sahaja Yoga, as propounded by Shri Mataji, is whole and complete. We also acknowledge that the scope of Shri Mataji’s teachings is so immense that it leaves ample space for creativity.
- We desire the recognition of Shri Mataji by newcomers and acknowledge that spreading the knowledge of Sahaja Yoga, which is the unique discovery of Shri Mataji, is auspicious and joy giving;
- As we desire to teach and spread Sahaja Yoga, we introspect and interact between ourselves and/or with our respective collectivities before doing so.
- We pursue spreading the teachings, culture and the dharma of Shri Mataji to facilitate a genuine spiritual growth process through meditations and/or Self‐realization programs and events through various formats, all over the world.
- We do not extract any material advantages from roles or functions in Sahaja Yoga and acknowledge that no bureaucratic elite and no caste of priests is required for the development of SY on an individual and collective basis and that no SY should be oppressed, forced or manipulated;
- We are motivated by love and compassion and are resolved not to lower the standards of the Sahaj dharma (morality and ethics) taught by the Adi Shakti and recall that compromise with negativity does not bring solutions.
The constitutive assembly of Guru Puja 2011 agreed to a 4‐year tenure.
The process of renewal of the Committee shall ensure the right balance between change and continuity. To this effect a procedure shall be devised so that not all members are renewed at the same time; some may chose to leave before their terms. Others may accept a renewal of their mandate. The process of renewal of the CC shall include consultation with the national coordinators and elders as how best to renew the team.
The Members will make every effort to take decisions by consensus. Should this not be feasible they shall take their decision by a two /thirds majority.
The link to the video on the internet registering the instructions given by Shri Mataji on the establishment of the CC (Cabella, Guru Puja 2008)
A copy of the transcript text shall be made available as attached file as soon as available.
The first Central Committee was created through an international nomination/selection process, which was concluded on the Guru Puja weekend 2011 in Cabella, where the national coordinators and elders gathered in a constitutive assembly to select the following nine members on a 4 year rotational basis:
The Central Committee (CC) draws its understanding of its nature, role and modus operandi from the following words of Shri Mataji:
«to inform about what is happening», « for communication», «to attend to things» and «they should approve».
These comments translate into the following primary areas of activity personally allocated by Shri Mataji:
The CC activities in the areas indicated above will evolve according to the needs of the Sahaja Collectivity and the issues and challenges that may arise.
Shri Mataji also mentioned in Hindi that members should come from a few countries and that they would number between 5 and 10. Therefore it is not a body with a geographic representation. She also indicated that India should have its own Committee and the CC looks forwards to fruitful cooperation with such a body. The content of Shri Mataji’s guidance is referred under Annex
The CC was created by appointment of Shri Mataji and selected by the international sangha with the desire of representing all Sahaja Yogis. Ideally it shall be respected and supported by all Sahaja yoginis and yogis and its members can be called upon to represent the sangha in various functions.
The CC is a spiritual body concerned with the well‐being of all Sahaja Yogis, with the preservation and upholding of Shri Mataji’s SY, the essence of Her living and holy dharma and the eternal values that define Her Divine Sahaja culture. In this respect, all members of the CC undertake to perform their respective mandates in accordance with and abide by the Code of Conduct annexed hereto. (Annex 1). They shall likewise follow rules of procedures as indicated in the annexed document (Annex 2).
The CC shall function as a facilitator in a complementary role and respects the World Foundation, NIPC, other SY trusts/ associations/organisations or SY National Councils.
The CC encourages accountability, transparency and best practices but does not engage in financial management.
Each member of the CC understands that they must work towards promoting an enlightened understanding of Sahaja Yoga and, where relevant, implement and support solutions that manifest truth and auspiciousness. The guiding principle of all interactions and undertakings shall be: “What would please Shri Mataji?”
The CC shall respect a process of consultation, meditation, vibratory assessment and consensus finding. Action shall be inspired by the awe of God, true love and care for SY and Sahaja Yogis and the desire to facilitate the best possible outcome as an offering to Our Divine Mother.